Now my Mum has Alzheimers and she does come out with some pretty weird and wonderful ideas. She already has a blanket that she uses but it's quite old and when I went up to see her one day she was stuffing it into a black sack, I thought it was because she wanted it washed, but no it was going out for rubbish. When I asked why, she told me it was because it wasn't a fleece. I haven't the foggiest where she has got this idea from, but if something isn't a fleece it's not warm enough.
When I started to put the buttons on I realised that it spoilt the look of the motif and I wasn't happy with it at all. So then I decided to still use the tie method but to tie it where the 4 corners joined.
I don't know if you can see it properly but it actually worked out quite well and certainly looks better without the buttons and hopefully it won't be going into a black sack :)
Here is the fleece on the back of the blanket.
For the border I just used a simple shell edging as I thought it matched the flowers.
I've enjoyed making this blanket but I'm now excited about starting another project.