Friday 21 June 2013

1 down 2 to go

Hello everyone, well I think we had our summer on Wednesday. It was a beautiful day, I sat out in the afternoon crocheting and I even caught some sun.
It was also the first time we were able to eat our evening meal outside and that was so nice. But the sun has gone again and we're back to the grey, overcast skies.
 
But on a cheery note I finally finished my quilt.
Before I started crocheting, I was making 3 quilts, all of them nearly but not quite finished. I got the crochet bug and they were put to the back of the queue.
But my daughter Amie asked if I would at least finish hers before I did anymore crocheting.
So crocheting went on hold this week,(apart from Wednesday when I was in the garden) which was extremely hard as it kept calling me every time I walked past. But all was worth while.
 
I sat till gone 2am this morning finishing the binding.

And I'm so glad she asked me to put down my crocheting.
 
and finally finish it :)
 
And what was especially nice, was the smile and the hug I got when she got up this morning to her quilt finished and waiting to go on her bed.
 
So now I only have 2 to finish and maybe I should have 1 day a week spent on them to get them finished. Then I wont feel so guilty when I see them folded up in the corner.
 
Have a lovely day ladies, I have some crocheting to catch up on. x
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt! I'm still a novice when it comes to sewing but a quilt is on my to do list :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I do enjoy quilting but crocheting is my new love at the moment. I'm finding it more relaxing.
      Sally x

      Delete
  2. The quilt is lovely, and I really want to learn how to sew... I have bought a sewing machine and I'm afraid to try and learn to use it he he.

    Thank you for popping by on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me and my sewing machine don't get on together. We have a hate hate relationship lol. Unfortunately I've never really been able to work with mine. Nearly all my quilting, whether it be joining of the pieces or quilting at the end is hand done. I get much nicer seams and better points.
      Get your machine out and have a day of playing :)
      Sally x

      Delete