Monday 8 July 2013

Relaxing Weekend

Hello Ladies,
It's been a beautiful sunny weekend. I've enjoyed hooky in the garden and even had our evening meals outside. Saturday seemed to stay warm to quite late into the evening and I was still in the garden with hook and yarn till gone 9.30pm.
Hopefully there will be a few more of those evenings.

So with my blanket finished I seemed to be stumped for what to do. I have so many projects that I want to have a go at, it was difficult to know where to start.

Sue from Suz Place did a post about Moss stitch and you can make so many different pattern variations I thought I would give that ago to make some new cushion covers for my sofa.
I did a few samples to see how it would come out.

This one was done using 2 strands of DK yarn and a 5.00mm hook. I have never used 2 strands together and I quite liked the thickness of it. It grew quite quickly and had a sturdy feel to it. One that would take the wear and tear of a busy house.

 
This one was a single strand of DK using a 3.50mm hook and although it didn't grow as quick, it still had a similar feel to the other one.
Not being able to decide what to use for my covers I think I'll make one of each and see how they turn out.
 

 
 
I also think maybe I need to invest in a notebook. So when experimenting with different yarns and hooks I can make note of how they turn out.
 
Hope you all had a lovely weekend :)
 
Sally x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment