Thursday 28 November 2013

Bloomin catchup

Hello Ladies

I've got a couple of weeks catchup to do for my Bloomin CAL,
So For my week 5 I managed to get my Pink and Green scarf finished.
It is supposed to be what is called an infinity scarf and I have joined it, but
It's quite chunky and I don't think it sits very well, so I'm thinking of undoing the join,
and maybe adding a bit of fringing or some small pom-poms.

For weeks 5 and 6, I was away but did take some crocheting with me.


 
This was meant to be a wrap, but I discovered that my tension was quite noticeably
different from when I crocheted on the plane to crocheting at the apartment on holiday. I don't know if this is because of the heat and the humidity makes holding the yarn tighter, but I didn't think I would get away with just leaving it. Also it would be different again, when flying home or crocheting back at home, so it then became the bottom photo :(
 
I also took this,

I bought this yarn, back at the beginning of summer. It's a beautiful lace yarn 
And it reminds me of cobwebs. What I originally bought it for I decided
 I didn't really like, so it's been sitting in a box waiting to be used
Then I found a pattern for a scarf that looked lovely and I thought 
would suit the yarn.But the pattern is just made up of Chain st and
 DC st and after awhile I got bored.
 And because it's such a fine yarn it was taking an age to grow.
 So that project went out the window.

                                     But since being home, I have found this.





              This is a scarf or wrap that is made up of motifs that you join as you go.

                                    This one I think I will be able to finish.
                                     Now onto my Week 7 of Bloomin CAL.
                                          I found this pattern on Ravelry
                             
                              It is a pattern for some Christmas Bunting.
                When we got back home, I realised it was only 4 weeks till Christmas
              and I really wanted to have some crocheting strewn round the house, so
                  I thought these and perhaps some stars and snowflakes would look
                pretty darn good. Not sure whether to decorate them with some beads
                                      and twinkle or just leave them plain.
Anyway, it's good to be back and looking forward to see what you are all doing.
                                                       Take care
                                                        Sally xxx



12 comments:

  1. Some crochet ups and downs then Sally! The little christmas motifs look lovely, I am sure that your bunting/garland will be very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the late reply, but thank you for your lovely comments.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh you have lots of lovely projects here! I have the odd project that just doesn't sit well....and it gets unravelled out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Hazel for the late reply. Thankyou, I have tooooo many projects going at the moment. I need to stop and get some finished.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love the pastel yarn and the new motif you're working on! The first photos are gorgeous, I love your scarf! Sorry about the duds, but well done for unravelling and rescuing the yarn! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie, sorry for the late reply, way behind on everything.
      I undid the join on the Pink and Green scarf and I'm much happier with it now as it sits better. Maybe I'll Pom pom the ends.

      Delete
  4. The infinity scarf is very pretty I love the colours, I made one too and am finding mine quite bulky and uncomfortable to wear so I think I will be pulling it out too. The Christmas decorations are lovely and will look great in a bunting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you linda, I've undone the join on the Pink and Green scarf and it looks sooo much better. It doesnt sem to look so bulky.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness you have been so busy. I love everything you have made, those motifs are going to be great in that yarn.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith, sorry for the late reply, I seem to be behind on everything at the mo. Life is a bit hectic.
      Sally xxx

      Delete
  6. Wow looks like you've been very busy. Love the infinity scarf lovely yarn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, although I did undo the seam of the infinity scarf and now it sits so much better. I think it is too chunky to hang right.
      Sally xxx

      Delete